Hill's Lake Fish Culture Station
Located 23 km west of Englehart off Hwy 560, Hill's Lake Fish Culture Station is one of the largest hatchery facilities in Ontario.
This station produces eggs, fingerlings and fish for stocking including brook trout, lake trout, aurora trout, splake and rainbow trout and depending on the season - pickerel or walleye.
There are guided group tours available by appointment and visitors are allowed restricted access to parts of the station.
The Hill's Lake Fish Culture Station offers guided tours free of charge Monday to Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Highlights of the guided tour include:
- Verbal explanation about the various operations in the Fish Culture Station
- Are able to feed the fish
- For a large group - there is a slideshow presentation in the Visitor Centre
For more information please contact the Hill's Lake Fish Culture Station at (705) 544-8006
For more information regarding fishing, please visit the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources website.
- Employment Opportunities
- Town Hall
- No. 701 Steam Engine
- Historical Museum
- Kap-Kig-Iwan Park
- Englehart Fall Fair
- Festival of Flowers
- Fishing & Hunting
- Hill's Lake Fish Culture Station
- Hilliardton Marsh Research & Education Centre
- Larder River
- Rod Inglis Memorial Steam & Antique Show
- Stan Martin Memorial Mud Bog Truck & ATV Competition
- Temiskaming Drag 'N' Fly Summer Classic
- Winter Fun
- Town Facts
- Business & Community Directory
- Recreation Services & Facilities
- Englehart Chamber of Commerce
- Service Clubs
- Cemetery and Funeral Services
- Child Care Services
- Englehart Public Library
- Health, Wellness and Support
- Emergency Response
- North View Nursing Home Family Council
- Places of Worship